SERVINGS: 4~ PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES ~TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
• 1/3 c. honey
• 1/4 c. soy sauce
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (or ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper)
• 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided (or Avocado Oil)
• 4 salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
• Kosher salt • Freshly ground black pepper
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes (or cayenne pepper).
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons oil. When oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon and season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over and add remaining tablespoon of oil.
3. Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste salmon with the sauce.
4. Garnish with sliced lemon and serve.