Serves 6/ Prep time:20 minutes/ Cook Time:12 minutes
*4 tablespoons butter
• 1 large lemon, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices (remove seeds)
• 2 tablespoons nonpareil capers, drained
• Sea salt and pepper to taste (white or black pepper)
• 6 swordfish steaks (4 to 6 oz steaks)
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley for garnish
1. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir constantly until the butter is light brown, about 3 minutes. (Watch and stir carefully not to burn the butter)
2. Cut the lemon slices into quarters. Add them, and the capers, to the saucepan. Reduce the heat and cook, shaking the pan several times, until the lemon and capers are heated through, about 1 minute.
3. Pre-heat the grill or broiler for a couple of minutes. Brush the swordfish with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
4. Grill or broil the swordfish, turning once, until charred and still slightly pink in the center (3 to 4 minutes per side).
5. Transfer the swordfish to a large platter and pour the lemon and caper sauce over the fish. Garnish with chopped parsley and and serve immediately,