Mussels in Lemon Garlic-Butter Sauce makes a wonderful and elegant appetizer. Great for entertaining!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, small, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cream, (whipping cream)
- 1 lb. mussels, cleaned and debearded (Can also use frozen)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet (with a lid), melt the butter. Add the onion, garlic, and chili flakes and sauté until soft.
- Add the White Wine and simmer until reduced by two thirds – add the cream and simmer 2 – 3 minutes
- Add the cleaned and debearded Mussels and cover the skillet. Steam the Mussels over low heat, until cooked, about 8 – 10 minutes (if using frozen mussels, cook for about 3 to 4 minutes as they are already pre-cooked) Discard any unopened shells.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Add Lemon juice, Zest, and parsley and stir to mix the ingredients. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: There is quite a bit of sauce with this recipe. This would be good over rice or pasta, or you could add 1 more pound of mussels if your skillet is big enough.
Calories: 372 Saturated Fat: 18 g Trans Fat: 1 g Unsaturated Fat: 9 g. Carbohydrates: 12 g Sodium: 294 mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 8 g.