Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings Calories 155kcal
- 1 lb. sea scallops (about 15 scallops) (if using frozen scallops, thaw and thoroughly pat dry before using)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry with paper towels. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet, over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add the scallops in a single layer, making sure they don't touch each other.
- Sear the scallops about 3 minutes on each side.(scallops should be browned on both sides and reach a temperature of 115 degrees. The scallops should be white and opaque when fully cooked)
- Serve Immediately.
Serving: 0.25recipe | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 323mg